Martha Shafer is a retired healthcare executive who spent most of her career as a Vice
President at Greensboro Women’s Hospital. Martha is running for House District 62 to ensure all North Carolina families have access to affordable healthcare and to guarantee all North
Carolina children have equal access to a sound basic education. This part-time summer internship with Martha Shafer for North Carolina will provide young professionals experience in two sectors of political campaigns: field and finance. Below is a description of the internship, according to field and finance responsibilities, as well as basic requirements.
● Must be available to start mid May through August 15th, 2018.
● Must be available to work at least 20 hours per week and keep a somewhat flexible
● Must have access to a vehicle (gas cards will be provided) and have access to a laptop.
● Candidates should have the desire to learn new skills and apply feedback.
● Candidates should have strong interpersonal skills and be able to build relationships with
volunteers and volunteer leaders.
● Candidates must be committed to forwarding progressive initiatives and electing strong,
female leaders to office.
● Political campaign volunteer experience preferred but not necessary.
● Support campaign event logistics.
● Contact new and existing donors about small-dollar pledges and recurring donations.
● Conduct donor research, build lists to expand donor base.
● Enter data into campaign finance database.
● Organize and train volunteer teams.
● Identify and train super volunteers to be precinct captains.
● Canvass and phonebank with volunteer teams and other interns to identify campaign
supporters and collect survey responses.
● Recruit and organize volunteers for phonebanks, canvasses, and neighborhood meet
● Enter canvass and phonebank data into campaign database.
● Train data volunteers to accurately and quickly enter data into campaign database.
Interested applicants should send a resume to email@example.com with the subject
“Internship Application” by May 5th, 2018. The internship is unpaid and interns are welcome to
use this experience for college credit.