Anita Earls is running for the North Carolina Supreme Court because she passionately believes an independent judiciary is crucial to the balance of powers necessary to maintain our democracy. An independent court means that the rules are the same for every North Carolinian, not just political insiders or those with great wealth and power. With a Republican dominated legislature, North Carolina is facing a critical time with extreme Republicans working to take away voting rights and an independent judiciary. Anita is ready to stand up to the powerful interests attempting to dismantle our democracy.
The Anita Earls for North Carolina Supreme Court campaign is seeking a highly motivated candidate to serve as Outreach Director based in Durham, North Carolina to manage day-to-day organizing efforts with key constituency groups and individuals. The Outreach Director will work closely with the campaign manager to devise and implement a plan of outreach and will be expected to travel.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Relationship building with key constituency groups, organizing and empowering them to carry out voter contact plan
- Researching potential events and flagging for the campaign manager
- Organizing surrogates and sending talking points and other follow-up for events the candidate cannot attend
- When necessary, driving the candidate to events, tracking event attendance, and coordinating follow-up
This person should have experience working with diverse constituencies, commitment to expanding the base and good communication skills. We are seeking candidates who excel in relationship building, are results-oriented, and take initiative. We highly encourage people of color to apply for this position. We are interested in the following skills, qualities, and track record:
- A commitment to social justice and the dignity and leadership of people of color.
- A proven ability to motivate others into action and exceptional listening skills.
- A demonstrated commitment to meeting a high bar and a history of getting things done even in the face of obstacles.
- A track record of taking the initiative and adjusting to changing conditions under high pressure.
- A demonstrated ability to compellingly communicate in front of a room.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid Driver’s License
The monthly compensation for this position is $2,500.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and two references to Caroline Spencer at email@example.com. Please include Outreach Director in the subject line.